Located on the first floor, CAMLS 30,000-square-foot Surgical Skills Lab features leading-edge, clinical-grade technology that in combination with hands-on training provides a realistic and totally immersive environment. As a world-class surgical training center, CAMLS offers up to 36 fully equipped surgical stations, with power, gases and suction for any specialty. Clients from across all specialties have numerous lab and room configuration options.
The instrumentation and technology is mirrored throughout the Surgical Skills Lab that features a 19-station skills lab, two 6-station labs that can be combined into 12 total stations, a trauma OR, and a 4-station microsurgery suite that can also be converted to add 2 additional surgical skills stations. Each station boom is fully supplied with suction, medical gases and equipment to simulate a traditional operating room for all specialties.
Most labs offer laparoscopic high definition towers, and proctor skills stations from which procedural demonstration and instruction may be broadcast. Four portable C-Arms are also available. The Surgical Skills Lab is an accredited vivarium and tissue bank with access to both animal and cadaveric specimens.
New cutting-edge 1588 Advanced Imaging Modalities (AIM) technology has been added to our inventory designed for optimal visualization.
There are classrooms conveniently located within the area, which can provide live video feeds from the ORs internally or globally for debriefing and post-assessment for learners.
CAMLS is an American College of Surgeons Accredited Education Institution (ACS-AEI).
Features of Surgical Skills Lab:
Surgical Skills Labs
- One, 19-station surgical skills lab (12-14 stations with laparoscopic capabilities)
- Two, 6-station labs, which can be combined into 12 stations
- 4-station microsurgery lab converts to two surgical skills stations
- Each station boom is fully equipped with medical gases, insufflators, electrocautery and suction along with camera boxes and light boxes to simulate a traditional operating room for all specialties
- Full instrumentation available
- All stations are supported by an on-site tissue bank, accredited vivarium and washers
Complete operating rooms
- Trauma operating room and adjacent 2-station lab are connected by a control room and feature ambient lighting as well as video and audio recording
- Privacy glass
- Full AV capabilities throughout lab including 5 proctor stations
- “Live” lab and classroom AV connectivity
- Three classrooms, seating 24, 40 and 18 (flexible classroom setup), and one conference room, seating 10 (board room style)
- NEW! 1588 Advanced Imaging Modalities (AIM) platform allows for visual differentiation of anatomy across specialties and is designed to help surgeons see and safeguard critical anatomy. This system provides enhanced visual assessment of vessels, blood flow and related tissue perfusion, bile duct visualization, lighted stents to reduce the risk of ureteral damage, brighter images in dark and posterior compartments and a 48% improvement in image quality compared to previous system.
- Surgical Microscopes
- Portable C-Arm Fluoroscopes
- Ultrasound Machines
- LED Headlights