The Interprofessional Simulation Fellowship at USF Health CAMLS
The USF Health Center for Advanced Medical Learning and Simulation (CAMLS) is excited to announce The Interprofessional Simulation Fellowship at USF Health CAMLS. The fellowship is designed to create the next generation of leaders in healthcare education, who have the experience necessary to lead multi-disciplinary simulation centers, drive innovation in experiential learning, and research best practices in simulation-based education. Positioned in the heart of downtown Tampa, USF Health CAMLS is one of the world’s largest freestanding simulation centers and is uniquely positioned to provide the fellow broad exposure to a variety of learners, simulation modalities, large-scale organizational operations, and educational interventions to advance interprofessional education and improve patient safety. Our goal is to inspire and create the next generation of healthcare educators, leaders, and researchers in simulation.
- This is a one-year, non-ACGME accredited fellowship in medical simulation.
- We are accepting applications for one position per year.
- A consensus curriculum serves as the foundation for the fellow’s experience; additional educational objectives based on the fellow’s specific areas of interest will be emphasized as well.
- The fellow will collaborate with the USF Health CAMLS faculty and staff on educational initiatives, curriculum development, debriefing, research, and operations.
- The fellow will be required to design, write, and present a longitudinal research, quality initiative project, or educational scholarly project to be published and/or presented at a national conference.
- At this time, we are accepting board-eligible and board-certified emergency physicians.
- The fellow will be a member of the clinical faculty with the USF Health Morsani College of Medicine based at Tampa General Hospital.
- The fellow will be required to work 48 hours per month in the emergency department.
- Moonlighting is permitted.
Nicole Rettig, MD
Interim Fellowship Director, Interprofessional Simulation Fellowship, USF Health
Director of Simulation, Emergency Medicine
Assistant Professor, Division of Emergency Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine,
Morsani College of Medicine
Shannon Bailey, PHD
Sr. Human Factors Scientist, USF Health CAMLS
Assistant Professor, Department of Medical Education, Morsani College of Medicine